Carol Joyner Cramer has worked at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library since 1999. She is currently Head of Collection Management. Before tackling Collection Management, she worked in Reference and as an Electronic Resources Librarian. She has also taught a credit-bearing Information Literacy course to undergraduates. She has a BA in Comparative Area Studies from Duke University and an MSLS from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
- Cramer, Carol. (2013). All About Demand-Driven Acquisition. The Serials Librarian, 65(1), 87-97. #
- Collins, Dave, Barbosa-Jerez, Mary, & Cramer, Carol. (2015, March). Weed it and Reap: Successful Strategies for Re-shaping Collections. ACRL 2015, Portland, OR.
- Cramer, Carol, & Daugman, Ellen. (2014, March). Facing Faculty Fears about Embracing the E-Book: Communication Strategies for Liaison Librarians. 23rd Annual North Carolina Serials Conference, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Cramer, Carol, Daugman, Ellen, & Mills, Caroline. (2013, November). Facing Fears About Deselection and eBooks; Strategies to Help Both Faculty and Librarians Feel Safe. 33rd Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC.
- Cramer, Carol. (2012, November). Running a Contest to Encourage Timely Monograph Ordering (Shotgun Session). 32nd Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC.
- Cramer, Carol. (2012, August). All About Demand-Driven Acquisition. LEETS: Libraries eResource & Emerging Technologies Summit, Mississippi State, MS.
- NC LIVE, Member, Resource Advisory Committee. (June 2013 - June 2016).
- North Carolina Library Association, Member, Planning Committee for 2013 Conference. (October 2012 - October 2013).
- North Carolina Library Association, Member, Planning Committee for 2011 Conference. (October 2010 - October 2011).
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries, Member, Collaborative Journal Retention Program Steering Committee. (July 2010 - Present).
- North Carolina Library Association, Chair, Finance Committee. (January 2010 - December 2013).
Note: Above is a selection of Carol’s professional activity.
Below are a few posts by Carol from the ZSR Professional Development blog.
- Carol at the Carolina Consortium Meeting (May 2015)
- Carol’s View of ACRL (April 2015)
- Carol Watches the Electronic Resources & Libraries Online Conference (March 2015)
- Charleston 2014 According to Carol: Kanopy and E-Books (November 2014)
- Carol at the International Medieval Congress (May 2014)
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory