- Denice Lewis
- Research & Instruction Librarian - Engineering & Science
- Research & Instruction
- Science & Mathematics; Biology; Chemistry; Engineering; Physics; Computer Science; Environmental Science; Health Sciences & Medicine; Mathematics; Neuroscience; Statistics; Technology
Book a Research Session
Denice started at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library in March 2019. She received her BS and MS in Electrical Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) and graduated with her MLIS from Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) in 2019. In between Electrical Engineering and Library Science, Denice picked up an Associates in Culinary Arts from Le Cordon Bleu Scottsdale. She is a member of the American Library Association (ALA), the North Carolina Library Association (NCLA), and the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE).
- Lewis, Denice. (2021). The Library Liaison's Guide to Collection Management. Technical Services Quarterly, 38(3), 336-337. #
- Lewis, J. Denice. (2022, June). Analyzing the Scholarly Conversation: New Tools for Efficiently Finding, Evaluating, and Visualizing Research. Innovative Library Classroom, Williamsburg, Virginia. #
- Lewis, Denice. (2022, March). Conducting STEM Research Utilizing Open Access Tools. NCCCLA Conference 2022, Webinar. #
- Lewis, Denice, Schmidt, Krista, & Rutherford, Shaun. (2021, March). Branching into Stem: Expanding Retention and Improving Diversity in STEM Librarianship. North Carolina Library Association (REMCO and STEM-LINC), Webinar.
- Lewis, J.. (2020, November). The Road to Becoming an Engineering Librarian. North Carolina Library Association (STEM-LINC), Webinar.
Committees & Offices Held
- North Carolina Library Association (STEM-LINC), Chair. (August 2021 - October 2023).
- American Society for Engineering Education, Engineering Libraries Division, Bylaws Taskforce. (January 2021 - July 2021).
- North Carolina Library Association (STEM-LINC), Vice Chair / Chair-Elect. (October 2020 - August 2021).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Scholarship Task Force, Co-Chair. (July 3, 2020 - July 17, 2020).
- North Carolina Library Association (STEM-LINC), Member at Large representing College and University Libraries. (October 2019 - October 2020).