Denice’s subject areas include: STEM; Biology; Chemistry; Engineering; Physics; Computer Science; Environmental Science; Health Sciences & Medicine; Mathematics; Neuroscience; Statistics
Book a Research Session
Denice started at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library in March 2019. She received her BS and MS in Electrical Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) and graduated with her MLIS from Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) in 2019. In between Electrical Engineering and Library Science, Denice picked up an Associates in Culinary Arts from Le Cordon Bleu Scottsdale. She is a member of the American Library Association (ALA), the Association of College & Research Libraries (ARCL), the North Carolina Library Association (NCLA), and the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE).
Denice’s research interests are the digital information literacy skills of incoming freshmen, mentoring for BIPOC early career librarians, as well as the intersection of artificial intelligence (AI), data science, and information literacy.
- Lewis, Denice. (2021). The Library Liaison's Guide to Collection Management. Technical Services Quarterly, 38(3), 336-337. #
- Lewis, Denice, Frenkel, Matthew, Wallace, Alfred, Dressel, Willow, Huber, Aleshia, & Koshykar, Roman. (2023, June). Speed dating with databases and tools. American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), Baltimore, Maryland. #
- Lewis, Denice. (2023, May). What's the fuss about ChatGPT? Reviewing the intersection of AI, data science, and information literacy. NC LIVE Conference, Online. #
- Lewis, Denice, & Jacobs, Candace. (2023, May). Planning for the Unexpected: Cross-Training for Coverage. 2023 Paraprofessional Conference, Greenville, North Carolina. #
- Lewis, Denice. (2022, July). Introducing scite.ai, Inciteful.xyz, and Research Rabbit. 2022 STEM Librarians South Conference, Online. #
- Lewis, Denice. (2022, July). Using Techsmith Capture videos to analyze a student's information seeking behaviors. 2022 STEM Librarians South Conference, Online. #
Committees & Offices Held
- North Carolina Library Association (STEM-LINC), Chair. (August 2021 - October 2023).
- American Society for Engineering Education, Engineering Libraries Division, Bylaws Taskforce. (January 2021 - July 2021).
- North Carolina Library Association (STEM-LINC), Vice Chair / Chair-Elect. (October 2020 - August 2021).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Scholarship Task Force, Co-Chair. (July 3, 2020 - July 17, 2020).
- North Carolina Library Association (STEM-LINC), Member at Large representing College and University Libraries. (October 2019 - October 2020).