Kevin Gilbertson is Web Services Librarian at ZSR Library at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC. His work and interests include web systems support and development, web architecture and strategy, user experience and interface design, digital libraries and metadata standards, and web archiving. He has written on the use of open source software in digital libraries, on best practices for managing web archives, and on metadata enhancements for improving discovery services.
- McCallum, Carolyn, Gilbertson, Kevin, Kelley, Steve, & Corbett, Lauren. (2017). Can RDA Content, Media, and Carrier Coding Improve Discovery Facet Mapping?. Library Resources & Technical Services, 61(2), 93-101. #
- Petersen, Rebecca, Gilbertson, Kevin, & Fansler, Craig. (2014). The Missing Link: Observations on the Evolution of a Web Archive. Journal of the Society of North Carolina Archivists, 11(1).
- Gilbertson, Kevin, & Caudle, Rebecca. (2013). Understanding the Web and Evaluating Web Resources. Research Like a Librarian: Accessing Information in the 21st Century. wakexpress: Winston-Salem, NC. #
- Pressley, Lauren, & Gilbertson, Kevin. (2011). Librarians as Experts: Using the Web to Assert Our Value. Computers in Libraries, 31(4), 12-23.
- Gilbertson, Kevin. (2020). Library Web Development: Beyond Tips and Tricks [Book Review]. Technical Services Quarterly, 37(1), 91-92. #
- Gilbertson, Kevin. (2019). Using Digital Analytics for Smart Assessment [Book Review]. Technical Services Quarterly, 36(2), 222–223. #
- Gilbertson, Kevin, & Denlinger, Kyle. (2019, March). Enhancing Library Discovery with Lightweight Meta Queries. Designing for Digital, Austin, TX.
- Petersen, Rebecca, Gilbertson, Kevin, & Trent, Finley. (2017, October). From Wake to Winston: A Historical Timeline of Wake Forest University. NCLA Annual Conference, Winston-Salem, NC. #
- Kelley, Steve, McCallum, Carolyn, & Gilbertson, Kevin. (2017, March). Can RDA Content, Media, and Carrier Coding Improve Discovery Facet Mapping?. LAUNC-CH Annual Conference, Chapel Hill, NC. #
- Rowell, Chelcie, & Gilbertson, Kevin. (2015, February). Build.ZSR: Doing DH by facilitating DH. The Collective, Knoxville, TN. #
- Rowell, Chelcie, & Gilbertson, Kevin. (2015, February). Build.ZSR: Fostering & Sustaining Scholarly Digital Projects at Wake Forest. Electronic Resources & Libraries, Austin, TX. #
Committees & Offices Held
- edUi 2012 Program Committee, Member. (March 2012 - September 2012).
- edUi 2011 Program Committee, Member. (January 2011 - October 2011).
Note: Above is a selection of Kevin’s professional activity.