Kevin Gilbertson is Web Services Librarian at ZSR Library at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC. His work and interests include web systems support and development, web architecture and strategy, user experience and interface design, digital libraries and metadata standards, and web archiving. He has written on the use of open source software in digital libraries, on best practices for managing web archives, and on metadata enhancements for improving discovery services. Kevin was lead web developer for the award-winning Digital Forsyth, a collaborative digital archive of historic Forsyth County and Winston-Salem photographs. Kevin is a member of CIT, the Committee on Information Technology, at WFU and has recently helped to develop Build.ZSR, a new library initiative supporting scholarly digital projects at WFU.
- McCallum, Carolyn, Gilbertson, Kevin, Kelley, Steve, & Corbett, Lauren. (2017). Can RDA Content, Media, and Carrier Coding Improve Discovery Facet Mapping?. Library Resources & Technical Services, 61(2), 93-101. #
- Petersen, Rebecca, Gilbertson, Kevin, & Fansler, Craig. (2014). The Missing Link: Observations on the Evolution of a Web Archive. Journal of the Society of North Carolina Archivists, 11(1).
- Gilbertson, Kevin, & Caudle, Rebecca. (2013). Understanding the Web and Evaluating Web Resources. Research Like a Librarian: Accessing Information in the 21st Century. wakexpress: Winston-Salem, NC. #
- Pressley, Lauren, & Gilbertson, Kevin. (2011). Librarians as Experts: Using the Web to Assert Our Value. Computers in Libraries, 31(4), 12-23.
- Gilbertson, Kevin. (2016). Customizing Vendor Systems for Better User Experiences: The Innovative Librarian's Guide [Book Review]. Technical Services Quarterly, 34(1), 118-119. #
- Kelley, Steve, McCallum, Carolyn, & Gilbertson, Kevin. (2017, March). Can RDA Content, Media, and Carrier Coding Improve Discovery Facet Mapping?. LAUNC-CH Annual Conference, Chapel Hill, NC. #
- Rowell, Chelcie, & Gilbertson, Kevin. (2015, February). Build.ZSR: Doing DH by facilitating DH. The Collective, Knoxville, TN. #
- Rowell, Chelcie, & Gilbertson, Kevin. (2015, February). Build.ZSR: Fostering & Sustaining Scholarly Digital Projects at Wake Forest. Electronic Resources & Libraries, Austin, TX. #
- Gilbertson, Kevin, & Davis, Barry. (2011, December). Digital Storage in the Cloud: Amazon Web Services and DSpace. Digital Preservation & Data Storage, Webinar, Online.
- Gilbertson, Kevin, & Bessou, Jean-Paul. (2011, March). Growing Your Own Next-Gen Catalog: VuFind @ ZSR. Next-Gen Discovery Tools in ASERL Libraries: VuFind, Webinar, Online.
Committees & Offices Held
- edUi 2012 Program Committee, Member. (March 2012 - September 2012).
- edUi 2011 Program Committee, Member. (January 2011 - October 2011).
Note: Above is a selection of Kevin’s professional activity.
- Kevin at Designing for Digital 2018, March 2018