Thomas Dowling has served as the Director of Technologies in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library since April, 2012. He received his Bachelor of Music (1985) and Master of Library and Information Studies (1988) from the University of Michigan. A librarian and technologist for over 25 years, and a web developer since 1993, he has worked with user experience design for library services, research databases, and online delivery of journals, books, and theses. He won a 2009 Leadership Award from NDLTD for his work with electronic theses and dissertations, and was elected president of the Library and Information Technology Association for 2015/2016. He oversees the Library's computing and web development efforts, and also serves as the liaison to Computer Science.
- Dowling, Thomas. (2013, July). OATD.org: Discovery for Open Access Theses and Dissertations. USETDA 2013, Claremont, California.
- Library and Information Technology Association, Vice President/President-Elect. (July 1, 2014 - June 2015).
- American Library Association - Library and Information Technology Association, Chair, Publications Committee. (July 1, 2012 - June 2014).
Professional Development Blog
- Thomas @ ALA, July 2015
- TPD @ ALA Midwinter, February 2015
- Thomas Takes Left Turn at Albuquerque, Ends Up in DC, December 2014
- Thomas @ ALA Annual 2014, June 2014
Here @ ZSR
- World Backup Day, March 2015
- Did Google Drive Just Become Our Institutional Repository?, November 2014
- Adobe Digital Editions – Update, November 2014
- Patron Privacy and Adobe Digital Editions: The Situation at ZSR, October 2014
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory