As Dean, Tim leads a Library that serves students and faculty in the Undergraduate College, the Wake Forest School of Business, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, School of Professional Studies and the Wake Forest Divinity School. He manages a $14 million annual budget with over 65 faculty and staff and 100 student employees. Prior to being appointed Dean, Tim was the Dorothy Foehr Huck Chair and Head of the Eberly Family Special Collections Library at Penn State. Tim has also held leadership positions at Duke University and at UNC-CH, where he served as Director of the Southern Historical Collection. Tim also taught archival administration at the UNC School of Information and Library Science from 1998 to 2007. From 2013-2015, Tim was a Leadership Fellow for the Association of Research Libraries and is also a Fellow of the Society of American Archivists for outstanding contributions to the field.
- Pyatt, Timothy, & Chavis, Kami. (2020). Examining Our Past, Enriching our Future: The Slavery, Race and Memory Project at Wake Forest University. To Stand With and For Humanity: Essays from the Wake Forest University Slavery, Race and Memory Project. Wake Forest University: Winston-Salem.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2019). The Greatest Theft in the Archives: Recalling the Book Bandit 30 Years Later. Archival Outlook. Society of American Archivists, (March/Arpril 2019), 4-5, 21.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2019). A Balance of Power and Trust: Responsible Custody of Archival Records. Archival values: A Festschrift in Honor of Mark Greene. Society of American Archivists: Chicago.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2015). The Harding Affair Letters: How One Archivist Took Every Possible Measure To Ensure Their Preservation. Case Studies in Archival Ethics. Society of American Archivists. #
- Pyatt, Timothy, & Goldman, Ben. (2014). Security Without Obscurity: Managing Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in Born-Digital Archives. Library & Archival Secuirty, 26(1-2), pp.37-55. #
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2018, August). Race, Slavery, and the Rise of the Academy. SAA Annual Meeting, Washington, DC.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2018, May). Engaging the University Community. Kick-Starting ROAAr and More: Towards the Future, Montreal, Quebec. #
- Pyatt, Timothy, & Smith, Susan. (2017, October). Creating a Library Master Plan. NCLA 62nd Biennial Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2013, June). Five Steps Towards a Successful Gifts-in-Kind Development Program. Past Forward! Meeting Stakeholder Needs in 21st Century Special Collections, New Haven, CT.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2012, October). Security through Obscurity no Longer: Protecting your Donor and your Institution While still Providing Access to Potentially Sensitive E-Records. Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference fall meeting, Richmond, VA.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries, President. (May 2021 - March 2022).
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries, President-elect. (May 2020 - May 2021).
- Association of of Southeast Research Libraries, Secretary-Treasurer. (May 2018 - June 2020).
- LSTA Advisory Committee, Member. (July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2020).
- Association of of Southeast Research Libraries, Board of Directors Member at Large. (July 2017 - May 2018).
Here @ ZSR
- ZSR to Offer Scholarships for Library Student Employees!
- Book Recommendations from the ZSR Board of Visitors
- ZSR Board of Visitors Summer Book Club — Nonfiction Selection
- ZSR Board of Visitors Summer Book Club
- Rodrigo Castro Appointed Director of Public Services