As Dean, Tim leads a Library that serves students and faculty in the Undergraduate College, the Wake Forest School of Business, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and the Wake Forest Divinity School. He manages a $14 million annual budget with over 65 faculty and staff and 100 student employees. Prior to being appointed Dean, Tim was the Dorothy Foehr Huck Chair and Head of the Eberly Family Special Collections Library at Penn State. Tim has also held leadership positions at Duke University and at UNC-CH, where he served as Director of the Southern Historical Collection. Tim also taught archival administration at the UNC School of Information and Library Science from 1998 to 2007. From 2013-2015, Tim was a Leadership Fellow for the Association of Research Libraries and is also a Fellow of the Society of American Archivists for outstanding contributions to the field.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2015). The Harding Affair Letters: How One Archivist Took Every Possible Measure To Ensure Their Preservation. Case Studies in Archival Ethics. Society of American Archivists. #
- Pyatt, Timothy, & Goldman, Ben. (2014). Security Without Obscurity: Managing Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in Born-Digital Archives. Library & Archival Secuirty, 26(1-2), pp.37-55. #
- Pyatt, Timothy, Esposito, Jacqueline, Belden, Michelle, & Goldman, Ben. (2012). SPEC Kit 329: Managing Born-Digital Special Collections and Archival Materials. Association of Research Libraries, 202.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2011). Duke Illustrated: A Timeline of Duke University History, 1838-2011. Duke University Libraries: Durham, NC.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2011). Facebook Me, Then Follow Me on Twitter. Archival Outlook, (Nov/Dec 2011), 2. #
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2018, August). Race, Slavery, and the Rise of the Academy. SAA Annual Meeting, Washington, DC.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2018, May). Engaging the University Community. Kick-Starting ROAAr and More: Towards the Future, Montreal, Quebec. #
- Pyatt, Timothy, & Smith, Susan. (2017, October). Creating a Library Master Plan. NCLA 62nd Biennial Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2013, June). Five Steps Towards a Successful Gifts-in-Kind Development Program. Past Forward! Meeting Stakeholder Needs in 21st Century Special Collections, New Haven, CT.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2012, October). Security through Obscurity no Longer: Protecting your Donor and your Institution While still Providing Access to Potentially Sensitive E-Records. Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference fall meeting, Richmond, VA.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries, President. (May 2021 - March 2022).
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries, President-elect. (May 2020 - May 2021).
- Association of of Southeast Research Libraries, Secretary-Treasurer. (May 2018 - June 2020).
- LSTA Advisory Committee, Member. (July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2020).
- Association of of Southeast Research Libraries, Board of Directors Member at Large. (July 2017 - May 2018).
Here @ ZSR
- ZSR Board of Visitors Summer Book Club — Nonfiction Selection
- ZSR Board of Visitors Summer Book Club
- Rodrigo Castro Appointed Director of Public Services
- A Conversation with Ryan Ramsey, ‘03 Chief of Staff, Library of Congress
- ZSR Access Options During Intersession