As Dean, Tim leads a Library that serves students and faculty in the Undergraduate College, the Wake Forest School of Business, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and the Wake Forest Divinity School. He manages a $12 million annual budget with over 60 faculty and staff and 200 student employees. Prior to being appointed Dean, Tim was the Dorothy Foehr Huck Chair and Head of the Eberly Family Special Collections Library at Penn State. Tim has also held leadership positions at Duke University and at UNC-CH, where he served as Director of the Southern Historical Collection. Tim also taught archival administration at the UNC School of Information and Library Science from 1998 to 2007. From 2013-2015, Tim was a Leadership Fellow for the Association of Research Libraries and is also a Fellow of the Society of American Archivists for outstanding contributions to the field.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2015). The Harding Affair Letters: How One Archivist Took Every Possible Measure To Ensure Their Preservation. Case Studies in Archival Ethics. Society of American Archivists. #
- Pyatt, Timothy, & Goldman, Ben. (2014). Security Without Obscurity: Managing Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in Born-Digital Archives. Library & Archival Secuirty, 26(1-2), pp.37-55. #
- Pyatt, Timothy, Esposito, Jacqueline, Belden, Michelle, & Goldman, Ben. (2012). SPEC Kit 329: Managing Born-Digital Special Collections and Archival Materials. Association of Research Libraries, 202.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2011). Duke Illustrated: A Timeline of Duke University History, 1838-2011. Duke University Libraries: Durham, NC.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2011). Facebook Me, Then Follow Me on Twitter. Archival Outlook, (Nov/Dec 2011), 2. #
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2018, August). Race, Slavery, and the Rise of the Academy. SAA Annual Meeting, Washington, DC.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2018, May). Engaging the University Community. Kick-Starting ROAAr and More: Towards the Future, Montreal, Quebec. #
- Pyatt, Timothy, & Smith, Susan. (2017, October). Creating a Library Master Plan. NCLA 62nd Biennial Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2013, June). Five Steps Towards a Successful Gifts-in-Kind Development Program. Past Forward! Meeting Stakeholder Needs in 21st Century Special Collections, New Haven, CT.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2012, October). Security through Obscurity no Longer: Protecting your Donor and your Institution While still Providing Access to Potentially Sensitive E-Records. Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference fall meeting, Richmond, VA.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of of Southeast Research Libraries, Secretary-Treasurer. (May 2018 - June 2020).
- LSTA Advisory Committee, Member. (July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2020).
- Association of of Southeast Research Libraries, Board of Directors Member at Large. (July 2017 - May 2018).
- Society of American Archivists, Member, ARL/SAA Mosaic Program Advisory Group. (August 2016 - May 2019).
- Society of American Archivists, Council member. (August 15, 2013 - August 17, 2016).
Note: Above is a selection of Tim’s professional activity.
- Tim at NCLA 2019, October 2019
- Tim at ASERL, May 2019, June 2019
- Tim at SAA 2018, August 2018
- Tim at ASERL Spring 2018, June 2018
- Talking Special Collections North of the Border, May 2018