WakeSpace is an institutional repository supporting the research and teaching mission of Wake Forest University. It is intended to serve as a platform for preserving the documentation created by members of the Wake Forest community, and for promoting that material to the general public. WakeSpace includes permanent records designated by the Records Retention Schedule, digitized content from Special Collections & Archives, and digital materials created by Wake Forest students, faculty, and staff. WakeSpace is maintained by ZSR Library.
Selecting materials for WakeSpace
Special Collection & Archives’s Collection Development Policy applies to materials deposited into our Digital Collections. Materials are also governed by the University’s Records Retention and Destruction Policy, and Records Retention Schedule. Materials deposited into WakeSpace Scholarship are not governed by SCA policies.
Components of WakeSpace
WakeSpace is divided into two main sections:
- Faculty & Student Scholarship, including Theses and Dissertations
- Archival Collections and University Records
Preferred file formats for digital materials
Preferred file formats for collection materials include:
- Audio files: FLAC, MP3, WAV. Uncompressed formats preferred.
- Image files: GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG, TIFF. Uncompressed formats preferred.
- Text files: CSV, DOC, DOCX, ODT, ODS, ODP, PDF/A, PPT, PPTX, PPS, TXT, XLS, XLSX, XML. PDF/A strongly preferred.
- Video files: DV, HDV, MOV, MPEG2, MPEG4, MPEG2000, QT. Uncompressed formats preferred.