Masking: ZSR will be following the campus masking guidance and protocols as listed on Our Way Forward and will post signs at our entrances as needed.
ZSR Hours for Fall 2021
The whole library, including all of the Reynolds and Wilson wings, will be open:
- noon to 5pm
- 11am to 1am
Our schedule is always current on the ZSR homepage.
Special Collections & Archives (Room 625, Reynolds Wing): Open 10:00-4:00 for walk-in visitors and researchers, Monday-Friday (and by appointment). We encourage you to contact us to set up your appointment or visit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New 24-hour Study Spaces and Services
- We have re-densified the study spaces available in the 24-hour study room and in the Camino Bakery space, and added additional individual and group seating.
- The Lounge off the 24-hour room, formerly open only to Graduate Students, will be available to both Graduates and Undergraduates shortly after the semester starts.
- Two copier/printer/scanners are available in the 24-hour room.
- Three of our group study rooms are located in our 24-hour section of the library and can be reserved online.
- Smart Lockers are in the 24/7 Study Room for round-the-clock access to requested AV equipment and items requested from the collection or through interlibrary loan.
New Graduate Student Study Space
A new Graduate Student Lounge for Graduate Students only is slated to open around the 4th week of September after improvements are completed. The room will include a kitchenette, a printer, a variety of seating for individual and group study, and key card access to limit the space to graduate students only. The room will be available all hours that the library is open (see above). The New Graduate Student Lounge will be in room 425, 4th floor, west side of the Reynolds wing. (The previous graduate student lounge has been added to the 24-hour study spaces.)
Main Service Desk
The Library has consolidated the Circulation, Media, and Reference public service desks into the main service desk on Reynolds 2. The single service point is your one stop for general inquiries, information, reference queries, book and DVD checkout, and any other service needed. You can also stay where you are and ask ZSR!
Special Collections & Archives (Room 625, Reynolds Wing) is open 10:00-4:00 for walk-in visitors and researchers, Monday-Friday (and by appointment). Contact SCA to set up your appointment or visit at email@example.com.
Reservable Study Carrels and Study Rooms
ZSR has three types of reservable spaces for students, faculty, or staff:
- Individual Study Carrels: 50 reservable single-person study carrels are available throughout the library. These are available for up to two-hour blocks of time and each student can make one reservation per day.
- Group Study Rooms: ZSR has several group study rooms that are available to reserve during regular library hours. These are available for up to two-hour blocks of time and each student can make one reservation per day.
- 24-hour Group Study Rooms: ZSR has 3 study rooms located in the 24-hour portion of the library. These rooms are available for reservations 24/7. These are available for up to two-hour blocks of time and each student can make one reservation per day.
- Lighting: The Library is nearing completion of an upgrade to all of the lighting in the stacks to more highly efficient (and brighter) LED lights. Come into the stacks and see what you have been missing! The new and more efficient (Yay, environment!) lighting will extend to all areas of the library, including corridors and study areas, when the relamping project is done over the next year.
- New furniture: On order, and soon to be received, are new tables and chairs, more flexible seating for individual or group study, and re-envisioned study spaces for students that allow for better grouping of areas for collaborative work that are separate from spaces for individual study.
- More student study spaces on Wilson 4: With the consolidation of services to the 2nd floor main service desk, the area that formerly housed the Reference Desk has been converted to even more study spaces for group meet-ups or casual conversations. The built-in shelving unit that overlooks the Atrium on Wilson 4 has been converted into our new “Treat Yo Shelf”, which will feature available study supplies and study break materials, such as puzzles and games.