Did you know that the Library’s physical space extends beyond ZSR?
The Business Information Commons (BIC) is both the physical and virtual home of business information in Farrell Hall. The physical space provides a comfortable, library-like atmosphere for individual study. The website of the Business Info Commons provides access to numerous business databases and several special services. The BIC is also home to business librarians Summer Krstevska and Morgan Ritchie-Baum, whose mission is to assist faculty and students with their research, teaching, and classwork. Feel free to stop by their offices or make an appointment with them here
The Business Info Commons home page lists business and business-related (think economics, entrepreneurship, etc) databases accessible to WFU students, faculty and staff. These database links work both on and off campus. When you are off campus, you will be prompted to log into the WFU network with your WFU login and password. If you ever have access issues, please reach out to Summer or Morgan.
Some of the most popular business databases are:
- Business Source Premier: comprehensive collection of business magazines and journals. It provides indexing, abstracts and, for many articles, full text. Articles come from all kinds of business periodicals including academic, industry and practitioner journals as well as business news sources. Here you can find the coveted Harvard Business Review!
- Mintel: In-depth marketing and consumer research reports
- IBISWorld Industry Profiles Provides extensive reports on 300 industries and numerous companies. Includes size, trends, market share, descriptions of key participants and more.
- Statista: The Go-To source for finding statistics on almost anything! Find statistics, consumer survey results and industry studies from over 18000 sources on over 60000 topics on the internet’s leading statistics database.
- American Business Journals Find the latest breaking business news, updated throughout the day, this week’s top stories from 46 Business Journals including the Greensboro/Triad Business Journal and the Charlotte Business Journal, and other popular features from the print edition. Check out this blog post for specific access instructions!
Other databases include
- Bloomberg Professional: A high-level investment/trading information service, which is accessible on dedicated terminals in Room 251E in the Business Info Commons, and the Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) family of financial/accounting databases (Compustat, CRSP, etc.), which requires a special sign-up procedure. If interested in a WRDS login, please contact Summer or Morgan.
Besides database links, the Info Commons site also has links to some helpful, easy-to-use services:
- ZSR Delivers: ZSR provides free delivery and pickup service to and from the offices of WFU faculty and staff.
- Interlibrary Loan: fill out a simple form for an item not accessible at Wake Forest and the ZSR Library Interlibrary Loan department will obtain it as quickly as possible and deliver it to your office or email it to you.
- Course Reserves: the Course Reserves department will take care of the whole process (including copyright permission) of putting a book, a chapter, an article or another item on reserve.
When you need assistance with your business, economics, or entrepreneurship research, or when your students need assistance with research related to your class, please contact Summer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Morgan (email@example.com).