Craig Fansler (he/him)
Craig Fansler- I am the Preservation Librarian at ZSR Library of Wake Forest University. I holds an MLIS from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, a Master of Science in Management from Troy University and a Bachelor of Arts in Art History from East Carolina University. I have restored books and built protective enclosures for archival materials for 28 years. I am currently involved professionally with the Guild of Book Workers and the North Carolina Preservation Consortium. I frequently teach book repair workshops across North Carolina for the North Carolina State Library.
- Fansler, Craig. (2022). Home Lab. Guild of Book Workers JournalThe, 51, 48-54. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2020). Book Repair Workshops in North Carolina: This is How We Do It. Strategic Library, (80, November 2020), 4. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2020). Fansler, Craig. (2020). Book Repair Workshops in North Carolina: This is How We Do it. North Carolina Libraries, 78(n. 1), p. 17-20. #
- Fansler, Craig, McLelland, Courtenay, & Britton, Tracey. (2018). Featured Interview: Preservation Librarianship. Guild of Book Workers Newsletter, (237), 12-13.
- Fansler, Craig. (2017). An Interview with Bill Hanscom, Weissman Conservation Center, Harvard University. Guild of Book Workers Newsletter, August, 2017. Guild of Bookworkers, Aug. 2017(233), 15-16. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2022). Review of Exhibits and Displays: A Practical Guide for Librarians. Technical Services Quarterly, 39:2, 2022, 204-205. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2016). Review of In-House Bookbinding and Repair. Technical Services Quarterly, 33(3).
- Fansler, Craig. (2017, March). Irish Ink: Printing and Visualizing the Dolmen Press Collection. Society of North Carolina Archivists Annual Meeting, Boone, NC. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2015, March). Preserving Forsyth's Past. "Removing Barriers: Outreach & Diversity in Action", Greenville, NC. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2014, April). The Dolmen Press: One Collection, Many Uses. Connect, Create, and Celebrate: Archives in the 21st Century., Raleigh, NC.
- Fansler, Craig, & Petersen, Rebecca. (2013, October). Clarence Herbert New: A Man of Extremes. Prepared in Mind and Resources: Collaboration, Relevance, and the Re-Imagined Archives, Furman University, Greenville, SC.
- Fansler, Craig, & Petersen, Rebecca. (2013, August). Clarence Herbert New: A Man of Extremes. Archives 2013, New Orleans, LA.
Committees & Offices Held
- Society of North Carolina Archivists Board, Member at Large. (March 21, 2012 - March 21, 2013).
- Society of American Archivists Preservation Section Steering Committee, Member. (February 2011 - August 2015).
- Society of North Carolina Archivists Archives Week Committee, Member. (January 1, 2011 - Present).
Here @ ZSR
- Conservation of World War I Cartoons
- East to West Book Repair Workshops
- Anne Yeats: Born into the Arts
- Jack Coughlin, an Artist with Irish Roots
- Artist’s Books and Calligraphy in Special Collections & Archives