Craig Fansler is Preservation Librarian at ZSR Library of Wake Forest University. He holds an MLIS from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, a Master of Science in Management from Troy University and a Bachelor of Arts in Art History from East Carolina University. Craig has restored books and built protective enclosures for archival materials for 23 years. He is currently involved professionally with the Guild of Book Workers and the North Carolina Preservation Consortium. Craig frequently teaches book repair workshops across North Carolina for the North Carolina State Library.
- Fansler, Craig. (2017). An Interview with Bill Hanscom, Weissman Conservation Center, Harvard University. Guild of Book Workers Newsletter, August, 2017. Guild of Bookworkers, Aug. 2017(233), 15-16. #
- Bennett, Stephanie, & Fansler, Craig. (2017). Bringing Dolmen Press Printing Blocks Further into the Light. Journal of the Society of North Carolina Archivists, 14, 2-11.
- Lock, Mary Beth, Fansler, Craig, & Webb, Meghan. (2016). (R)Evolutionary Emergency Planning: Adding Resilience through Continuous Review. International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management, 5(2). #
- Fansler, Craig. (2015). Director's Cut: Italian Neorealism Film and the Giuseppe De Santis Papers. Archival Outlook, (November/December 2015), 4-5, 23. #
- Lock, Mary, & Fansler, Craig. (2015). Emergency Planning (R)Evolution: Making a Comprehensive Emergency Plan for the Present and the Future. Disaster Management and Contingency Planning in Modern Libraries. IGI-Global: Hershey, PA.
- Fansler, Craig. (2016). Review of In-House Bookbinding and Repair. Technical Services Quarterly, 33(3).
- Fansler, Craig. (2017, March). Irish Ink: Printing and Visualizing the Dolmen Press Collection. Society of North Carolina Archivists Annual Meeting, Boone, NC. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2015, March). Preserving Forsyth's Past. "Removing Barriers: Outreach & Diversity in Action", Greenville, NC. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2014, April). The Dolmen Press: One Collection, Many Uses. Connect, Create, and Celebrate: Archives in the 21st Century., Raleigh, NC.
- Fansler, Craig, & Petersen, Rebecca. (2013, October). Clarence Herbert New: A Man of Extremes. Prepared in Mind and Resources: Collaboration, Relevance, and the Re-Imagined Archives, Furman University, Greenville, SC.
- Fansler, Craig, & Petersen, Rebecca. (2013, August). Clarence Herbert New: A Man of Extremes. Archives 2013, New Orleans, LA.
Committees & Offices Held
- Society of North Carolina Archivists Board, Member at Large. (March 21, 2012 - March 21, 2013).
- Society of American Archivists Preservation Section Steering Committee, Member. (February 2011 - Present).
- Society of North Carolina Archivists Archives Week Committee, Member. (January 1, 2011 - Present).
Note: Above is a selection of Craig’s professional activity.
- Book Repair Workshop at East Carolina University, September 2018
- The Writing/Publishing Process: One Perspective, May 2018
- Social Media Archiving Workshop at Duke, March 2018
- Creating Archival Enclosures with a Sewing Machine, March 2018
- December Book Repair Workshops, December 2017
Here @ ZSR
- Bible Versals Exhibit In Special Collections, October 2018
- Bookmarks Festival Demonstration, September 2018
- Louis le Brocquy, Painter of an Irish Epic, March 2018
- Intermediate Book Repair Workshop in ZSR Preservation Lab, October 2017
- Gerrit van Gelderen, Dutch Artist in Ireland, September 2017