Kyle Denlinger is the eLearning Librarian at Wake Forest University’s Z. Smith Reynolds Library, where he develops the library’s emerging platform of open online courses, teaches the library’s credit-bearing information literacy course, and helps faculty create flipped, blended, and fully online classes. His interests include massive open online courses, open educational resources, and designing authentic online learning experiences. Kyle earned his MA in Information Science & Learning Technologies from the University Missouri--Columbia and his BS in Secondary Education from the University of Cincinnati. He has been recognized as a 2014 Library Journal Mover and Shaker and a 2014 American Library Association Emerging Leader.
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2016). Experimenting with Massive Open Online Courses for Library Outreach and Institutional Awareness of Library Expertise. E-Learning Innovations in Academic Libraries. McFarland Publishing: Jefferson, NC.
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2016). Cutting-Edge Research in Developing the Library of the Future: New Paths for Building Future Services, edited by Bradford Lee Eden. Technical Services Quarterly, 33(2), 212-214.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Denlinger, Kyle. (2019, June). Using VoiceThread to Design a Science IL Course. NCLA Distance Learning Section Meeting, Campbell University, Buies Creek, NC.
- Gilbertson, Kevin, & Denlinger, Kyle. (2019, March). Enhancing Library Discovery with Lightweight Meta Queries. Designing for Digital, Austin, TX.
- Keener, Molly, Knox, Brenda, Denlinger, Kyle, & Ellentuck, Benjamin. (2017, March). Culture & the Sitcom: Using Media & Technology to Connect Scholarship & Teaching. Teachers, Teaching, and Media Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Denlinger, Kyle, & Foster, Amanda. (2016, May). You Can Go Your Own Way: Rethinking Credit-Bearing Courses in Light of the Framework. LOEX, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2015, December). VoiceThread for Building Community in Online Courses (Lightning presentation). NC-LITe, Chapel Hill, NC.
Committees & Offices Held
- Library and Information Technology Association Program Planning Committee, Member. (July 1, 2013 - July 1, 2015).
- Library and Information Technology Association Education Committee, Member. (July 1, 2013 - Present).
- Association of College & Research Libraries Distance Learning Section Outreach Committee, Member. (July 1, 2013 - July 1, 2015).
Note: Above is a selection of Kyle’s professional activity.
- New Year, New Search: Big News from the UX Committee, January 2019
- Kyle at NCLA 2017, October 2017
Here @ ZSR
- New Year, New Search Results Page!, January 2019