Kyle Denlinger is the eLearning Librarian at Wake Forest University’s Z. Smith Reynolds Library, where he develops the library’s emerging platform of open online courses, teaches the library’s credit-bearing information literacy course, and helps faculty create flipped, blended, and fully online classes. His interests include massive open online courses, open educational resources, and designing authentic online learning experiences. Kyle earned his MA in Information Science & Learning Technologies from the University Missouri--Columbia and his BS in Secondary Education from the University of Cincinnati. He has been recognized as a 2014 Library Journal Mover and Shaker and a 2014 American Library Association Emerging Leader.
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2016). Experimenting with Massive Open Online Courses for Library Outreach and Institutional Awareness of Library Expertise. E-Learning Innovations in Academic Libraries. McFarland Publishing: Jefferson, NC.
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2016). Cutting-Edge Research in Developing the Library of the Future: New Paths for Building Future Services, edited by Bradford Lee Eden. Technical Services Quarterly, 33(2), 212-214.
- Denlinger, Kyle, & Foster, Amanda. (2016, May). You Can Go Your Own Way: Rethinking Credit-Bearing Courses in Light of the Framework. LOEX, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2015, December). VoiceThread for Building Community in Online Courses (Lightning presentation). NC-LITe, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Denlinger, Kyle, Brecher Cook, Dani, Garrett, Jennifer, & Wong, Sabrina. (2015, March). High/Low/No Tech: A Snapshot of Instructional Techniques from Four Academic Libraries. ACRL 2015, Portland, OR.
- Denlinger, Kyle, Winn, Jade, & Thomas, Wm. Joseph. (2014, June). Leading from the Side: On, Off, and Within Your Campus (Panel discussion). ALA 2014, Las Vegas, NV.
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2013, June). ZSRx: A mini-MOOC for Reaching New Audiences. ALA 2013, Chicago, Illinois.
Committees & Offices Held
- Library and Information Technology Association Program Planning Committee, Member. (July 1, 2013 - July 2015).
- Library and Information Technology Association Education Committee, Member. (July 1, 2013 - Present).
- Association of College & Research Libraries Distance Learning Section Outreach Committee, Member. (July 1, 2013 - July 2015).
Note: Above is a selection of Kyle’s professional activity.
- Kathy and Kyle at the ASU Free-Learning Conference, July 2017
- Kyle at #OpenEd16, or: why WFU should care about Open Education, December 2016
- Kyle’s instruction conference roundup: Three birds with one stone, June 2016
Here @ ZSR
- Exciting Zotero Updates!, July 2017
- 10 Ways to Get Your Citation Game on Point with Zotero, August 2016