Lauren Corbett (M.L.I.S., University of North Carolina at Greensboro; B.A., French, Davidson College) is the Director of Resource Services, reporting to the Dean of the Z. Smith Reynolds Library. Lauren has administrative responsibility for selection, acquisition, and description of the library’s collection. She administers the budget for the collection and leads a team of approximately 15 employees. She has participated in the Wake Forest University Leadership Development Program (The Hayes Group International, Inc.) and the Harvard Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians. Her professional achievements include election to Chair of the Acquisitions Section of the Association of Library Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS), appointment as the inaugural Chair for the ALCTS Collaboration Citation jury, and winning the HARRASSOWITZ Leadership in Library Acquisitions Award.
- McCallum, Carolyn, Gilbertson, Kevin, Kelley, Steve, & Corbett, Lauren. (2017). Can RDA Content, Media, and Carrier Coding Improve Discovery Facet Mapping?. Library Resources & Technical Services, 61(2), 93-101. #
- Corbett, Lauren. (2016). Linked Data Advice Anyone? (Who Uses Google?). Reality Check, 36(1). #
- Tedford, Rosalind, Corbett, Lauren, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2013). "How Transformational Leadership Translates into Recognized Excellence in Academic Libraries". Workplace Culture in Academic Libraries. Chandos Publishing, an imprint of Woodhead Publishing: Cambridge. #
- Corbett, Lauren. (2017, June). Evaluating Metadata Standards - Principles into Practice. American Library Association Annual, Chicago.
- Corbett, Lauren. (2013, April). Library Technical Services -- Your Career?. Seminar on Technical Services, via WebEx from WFU to College of Information Studies, University of Maryland.
- Corbett, Lauren. (2012, April). Library Technical Services -- Your Career?. Seminar on Technical Services, via WebEx from WFU to College of Information Studies, University of Maryland.
- Corbett, Lauren. (2011, June). A Closer Look at Print on Demand and How It Can Shape Library Acquisitions. American Library Association Annual, New Orleans, LA.
Committees & Offices Held
- ProQuest Ebook Acquisition Model Advisory Board, Member. (October 23, 2015 - October 2016).
- ALCTS Advocacy and Policy Committee, Vice-Chair/ Chair (2 terms). (August 26, 2015 - June 30, 2018).
- ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee, Member. (July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2019).
- ALCTS Advocacy and Policy Committee, Member. (July 1, 2014 - August 26, 2015).
- NASIG Vision & Mission Task Force, Member. (March 27, 2014 - October 2014).
Note: Above is a selection of Lauren’s professional activity.