Lauren Corbett (M.L.I.S., University of North Carolina at Greensboro; B.A., French, Davidson College) is the Director of Resource Services, reporting to the Dean of the Z. Smith Reynolds Library. Lauren has administrative responsibility for selection, acquisition, and description of the library’s collection. She administers the budget for the collection and leads a team of approximately 15 employees. She has participated in the Wake Forest University Leadership Development Program (The Hayes Group International, Inc.) and the Harvard Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians. Her professional achievements include election to Chair of the Acquisitions Section of the Association of Library Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS), appointment as the inaugural Chair for the ALCTS Collaboration Citation jury, and winning the HARRASSOWITZ Leadership in Library Acquisitions Award.
- Corbett, Lauren. (2021). COVID-19 Changes in Collection Management and Technical Services: A Contemporary Account. Reality Check, 41(4), 1, 4-7. #
- Corbett, Lauren. (2019). Encouraging Professional Development. Reality Check, 39(5), 1, 4-7. #
- Corbett, Lauren. (2018). Current Work in Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility by Metadata Communities: A Working Report from the ALA/ALCTS Metadata Standards Committee. Technical Services Quarterly, 35(4), 367 - 376. #
- Corbett, Lauren. (2018). The Value of Technical Services. Reality Check, 38(1), 1, 3-6. #
- McCallum, Carolyn, Gilbertson, Kevin, Kelley, Steve, & Corbett, Lauren. (2017). Can RDA Content, Media, and Carrier Coding Improve Discovery Facet Mapping?. Library Resources & Technical Services, 61(2), 93-101. #
- Corbett, Lauren. (2017, June). Evaluating Metadata Standards - Principles into Practice. American Library Association Annual, Chicago.
- Corbett, Lauren. (2013, April). Library Technical Services -- Your Career?. Seminar on Technical Services, via WebEx from WFU to College of Information Studies, University of Maryland.
- Corbett, Lauren. (2012, April). Library Technical Services -- Your Career?. Seminar on Technical Services, via WebEx from WFU to College of Information Studies, University of Maryland.
- Corbett, Lauren. (2011, June). A Closer Look at Print on Demand and How It Can Shape Library Acquisitions. American Library Association Annual, New Orleans, LA.
Committees & Offices Held
- Core (American Library Association Division) Awards, Grants, and Scholarships Coordination Committee, Member. (February 12, 2021 - June 30, 2022).
- Core (American Library Association Division) Budget & Finance Committee, Member. (January 13, 2021 - June 30, 2022).
- ALCTS Planning Committee, Member. (July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2020).
- ProQuest Ebook Acquisition Model Advisory Board, Member. (October 23, 2015 - October 2016).
- ALCTS Advocacy and Policy Committee, Vice-Chair/ Chair (2 terms). (August 26, 2015 - June 30, 2018).
Here @ ZSR
- Textbook Collection Pilot Project Continues for a Second Year
- Scholars Trust Preserves Print Journals Across the Region
- Linda Early, 2010 WFU Employee of the Year
- ZSR Visits Accounts Payable at the UCC
- Journals Volumes Moving to Off-Site Storage