Melde Rutledge is the Digital Collections Librarian at Z. Smith Reynolds Library within Special Collections and Archives, where he is responsible for leading the department’s digital production services. He earned a Master’s of Library and Information Studies from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Previously, Melde was the Specialist for Digitization and Metadata at ZSR. He is a member of the North Carolina Library Association (NCLA) and the Society of North Carolina Archivists (SNCA).
- Rutledge, Melde. (2017). Digital Library Programs for Libraries and Archives: Developing, Managing, and Sustaining Unique Digital Collections. TECHNICAL SERVICES QUARTERLY, 34(3), 342-343.
- Rutledge, Melde. (2016). Digitizing flat media: Principles and practices. TECHNICAL SERVICES QUARTERLY, 33(4), 478-479.
- Rutledge, Melde, Ashelee, Gerald, Petersen, Rebecca, Zanish-Belcher, Tanya, & Turner, Finley. (2020, August). The Kingswood K-12 Alternative School Project: Providing Additional Educational Opportunities for Students and Teachers. ARCHIVES*RECORDS 2020, online. #
- Rutledge, Melde. (2017, October). Who's Using Your Library's Unique Online Resources?: A Qualitative Look From Z. Smith Reynolds Library. North Carolina Library Association Biennial Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Digital Scholarship Section (DSS) Outreach Committee member. (July 1, 2017 - 2020).
- North Carolina Library Association, 2021 NCLA Conference Planning Committee member (2020-2022). (January 8, 2017 - 2022).
Here @ ZSR
- ZSR Expands JSTOR’s Shared Collections
- 100 Digital Collections and Growing: See What’s New
- New Selections from the Digital Collections
- New Digital Collections, Come See!
- ZSR Digital Collections: More to Explore