Melde Rutledge is the Digital Collections Librarian at Z. Smith Reynolds Library. He earned a Master's of Library and Information Studies from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He previously worked at Z. Smith Reynolds Library as the Specialist for Digitization and Metadata where he oversaw the digital production of ZSR Library’s rare and unique collections. Rutledge has notable experience in digitization, digital collections, metadata, library instruction, reference, writing and customer service. He has over eight years of experience in journalism, where he was granted the National Newspaper Publishers Association award as a staff writer. He is a member of the American Library Association (ALA), Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL), and the North Carolina Library Association (NCLA).
- Rutledge, Melde. (2017). Digital Library Programs for Libraries and Archives: Developing, Managing, and Sustaining Unique Digital Collections. TECHNICAL SERVICES QUARTERLY, 34(3), 342-343.
- Rutledge, Melde. (2016). Digitizing flat media: Principles and practices. TECHNICAL SERVICES QUARTERLY, 33(4), 478-479.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Digital Scholarship Section (DSS) Outreach Committee member. (July 1, 2017 - Present).
- October 2019 Conferences: Smithsonian & NCLA, October 2019
- ACRL 2019 in Cleveland, May 2019
- 2018 NCLA Leadership Institute in Black Mountain, November 2018
- DLF Forum 2018 in Las Vegas, October 2018
Here @ ZSR
- Lynn Book Project: Digitizing Performing Arts Materials, April 2019
- ZSR Staff Picks from the Digital Collections, March 2019
- Student Spotlight: Digitizing Eight Years of Old Gold & Black, February 2019
- What’s New in ZSR’s Digital Collections?, June 2018
- ZSR Outstanding Employees of the Year Underscore Annual Luncheon, June 2018