Melde Rutledge is the Digital Collections Librarian at Z. Smith Reynolds Library. He earned a Master's of Library and Information Studies from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He previously worked at Z. Smith Reynolds Library as the Specialist for Digitization and Metadata where he oversaw the digital production of ZSR Library’s rare and unique collections. Rutledge has notable experience in digitization, digital collections, metadata, library instruction, reference, writing and customer service. He has over eight years of experience in journalism, where he was granted the National Newspaper Publishers Association award as a staff writer. He is a member of the American Library Association (ALA), Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL), and the North Carolina Library Association (NCLA).
- Rutledge, Melde. (2017). Digital Library Programs for Libraries and Archives: Developing, Managing, and Sustaining Unique Digital Collections. TECHNICAL SERVICES QUARTERLY, 34(3), 342-343.
- Rutledge, Melde. (2016). Digitizing flat media: Principles and practices. TECHNICAL SERVICES QUARTERLY, 33(4), 478-479.
- Rutledge, Melde, Ashelee, Gerald, Petersen, Rebecca, Zanish-Belcher, Tanya, & Turner, Finley. (2020, August). The Kingswood K-12 Alternative School Project: Providing Additional Educational Opportunities for Students and Teachers. ARCHIVES*RECORDS 2020, online. #
- Rutledge, Melde. (2017, October). Who's Using Your Library's Unique Online Resources?: A Qualitative Look From Z. Smith Reynolds Library. North Carolina Library Association Biennial Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Digital Scholarship Section (DSS) Outreach Committee member. (July 1, 2017 - Present).
- North Carolina Library Association, 2021 NCLA Conference Planning Committee member (2020-present). (January 8, 2017 - Present).
- DLF’s First Virtual Forum, December 2020
- October 2019 Conferences: Smithsonian & NCLA, October 2019
- ACRL 2019 in Cleveland, May 2019
Here @ ZSR
- Sharing Our Digital Collections Metadata, August 2020
- ZSR Joins JSTOR Open Community Collections, July 2020
- Digital Collections Homepage Update, May 2020
- New Digital Collection: WFU Athletics Audio and Video, March 2020
- A.R. Ammons Watercolors Showcased at Poetry Foundation, January 2020