Melde Rutledge is the Digital Collections Librarian at Z. Smith Reynolds Library. He earned a Master's of Library and Information Studies from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He previously worked at Z. Smith Reynolds Library as the Specialist for Digitization and Metadata where he oversaw the digital production of ZSR Library’s rare and unique collections. Rutledge has notable experience in digitization, digital collections, metadata, library instruction, reference, writing and customer service. He has over eight years of experience in journalism, where he was granted the National Newspaper Publishers Association award as a staff writer. He is a member of the American Library Association (ALA), Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL), and the North Carolina Library Association (NCLA).
- Rutledge, Melde. (2017). Digital Library Programs for Libraries and Archives: Developing, Managing, and Sustaining Unique Digital Collections. TECHNICAL SERVICES QUARTERLY, 34(3), 342-343.
- Rutledge, Melde. (2016). Digitizing flat media: Principles and practices. TECHNICAL SERVICES QUARTERLY, 33(4), 478-479.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Digital Scholarship Section (DSS) Outreach Committee member. (July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019).
- Five Days and Three Events in Pittsburgh, November 2017
- Digital Stewards Assemble in DC, May 2017
- Digital Directions in Denver, October 2016
- Digital Production at Chapel Hill and Duke: Chelcie and Melde Visit Labs, August 2016
Here @ ZSR
- Redesign of Digital Collections Homepage, December 2017
- Digitizing the Baptist Church and Association Files Collection, October 2017
- Browsing the University Archives Photograph Collection, September 2017
- Annual Luncheon Recognizes Value of ZSR Library Employees, May 2017
- Duke Tobacco Company Cigarette Cards added to Deeply Rooted, April 2017