Kevin Gilbertson is Web Services Librarian at ZSR Library at WFU. Kevin holds an MLIS from the University of South Carolina. A member of the library's technology team, his work and interests include web systems support and development, web architecture and strategy, user experience and interface design, digital libraries and metadata standards, and web archiving. He has written on the use of open source software in digital libraries and on best practices for managing web archives. Kevin was lead web developer for the award-winning Digital Forsyth, a collaborative digital archive of historic Forsyth County and Winston-Salem photographs. Kevin is a former member of CIT, the Committee on Information Technology, at WFU and has recently helped to develop Build.ZSR, a new library initiative supporting scholarly digital projects at WFU.
- Petersen, Rebecca, Gilbertson, Kevin, & Fansler, Craig. (2014). The Missing Link: Observations on the Evolution of a Web Archive. Journal of the Society of North Carolina Archivists, 11(1).
- Gilbertson, Kevin, & Caudle, Rebecca. (2013). Understanding the Web and Evaluating Web Resources. Research Like a Librarian: Accessing Information in the 21st Century. wakexpress: Winston-Salem, NC. #
- Pressley, Lauren, & Gilbertson, Kevin. (2011). Librarians as Experts: Using the Web to Assert Our Value. Computers in Libraries, 31(4), 12-23.
- Rowell, Chelcie, & Gilbertson, Kevin. (2015, February). Build.ZSR: Doing DH by facilitating DH. The Collective, Knoxville, TN. #
- Rowell, Chelcie, & Gilbertson, Kevin. (2015, February). Build.ZSR: Fostering & Sustaining Scholarly Digital Projects at Wake Forest. Electronic Resources & Libraries, Austin, TX. #
- Gilbertson, Kevin, & Davis, Barry. (2011, December). Digital Storage in the Cloud: Amazon Web Services and DSpace. Digital Preservation & Data Storage, Webinar, Online.
- Gilbertson, Kevin, & Bessou, Jean-Paul. (2011, March). Growing Your Own Next-Gen Catalog: VuFind @ ZSR. Next-Gen Discovery Tools in ASERL Libraries: VuFind, Webinar, Online.
- Mitchell, Erik, Gilbertson, Kevin, & Bessou, Jean-Paul. (2010, October). Making your IT skills virtual: tools for learning how to implement and administer cloud-based systems. LITA 2010 National Forum, Atlanta, GA.
Committees & Offices Held
- edUi 2012 Program Committee, Member. (March 2012 - September 2012).
- edUi 2011 Program Committee, Member. (January 2011 - October 2011).