This article is more than 5 years old.
Formal presentation: Promoting Higher-Level Processing: Evidence-Based Support for Student-Created Digital Learning Objects (Robert Crow)
- Test to see if elaboration is working
- Can learn through different modes: image, text, etc,
- Learning Objects
- Any entity, digital or non-digital which can be used, reused, or referneced…
- Deliverable over internet
- Merlot used eSkeletons as an example
- Based on Elaboration Theory
- Essay writing activity
- Narrated PowerPoint, Camtasia, podcasting, use many modalities
- Grading was a challenge. Crow’s way of dealing with it was to grade by slide.
- Did a study correlating experimental and control groups with overall GPA, etc.
- Used tests on concepts to get numbers
- Best correlation, Yes, having students construct learning object was a valid way to get them to hold onto concept over a longer period of time