This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Contact email@example.com to report an issue.
Formal presentation: Promoting Higher-Level Processing: Evidence-Based Support for Student-Created Digital Learning Objects (Robert Crow)
- Test to see if elaboration is working
- Can learn through different modes: image, text, etc,
- Learning Objects
- Based on Elaboration Theory
- Essay writing activity
- Narrated PowerPoint, Camtasia, podcasting, use many modalities
- Grading was a challenge. Crow’s way of dealing with it was to grade by slide.
- Did a study correlating experimental and control groups with overall GPA, etc.
- Used tests on concepts to get numbers
- Best correlation, Yes, having students construct learning object was a valid way to get them to hold onto concept over a longer period of time