This article is more than 5 years old.
Panel discussion: Tapping Student Resources to Produce Multimedia Learning Solutions (Amanda Robertson, Mike Cuales, David Howard, Ben Huckaby, David Shew)
- Explained development of DELTA
- Recognition of top design students, hired them
- Have 9 interns, treat as part-time staff, to support multimedia solutions for professors
- Commit to good training for students in areas they want
- Creative with budget & location for student workers… sometimes hired/paid by department, but supervised by DELTA
- Students bring in good, new ideas about what’s really going on
- Students have good insight into student experience & help build relationships across campus
- Students get good, real-world experience
- Students get to be project managers on small scale projects, get management process experience
- Saves faculty time, lets students work directly with faculty
- Even simple flashcards and glossaries made major improvements
- Students paid 8-12 dollars per hour. Also gearing up for a credit version (for folks within their own subject).