Mary Beth Lock is the Associate Dean at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library, Wake Forest University. Her responsibilities include managing library faculty affairs including working with the Peer Review Committee and faculty contracts, conducting annual review process for staff and faculty, liaison to human resources, managing library committees, coordinating communication and outreach efforts, leading strategic planning efforts in consultation with the dean, coordinating library assessment efforts, and overseeing the library budget and facilities upgrades. She earned her master’s degree in Library Science from North Carolina Central University and her Bachelor of Science in Environmental Biology at Wayne State University. She is the liaison for Environmental Studies. She will complete her Master’s in Liberal Studies from Wake Forest University in Spring, 2019. She has participated in the planning for the Conference for Entrepreneurial Librarians since it’s inception in 2009,serving as co-chair for the 2013 conference. Resulting from her participation in the conference, she was also co-editor for the book “The Entrepreneurial Librarian: Essays on the Infusion of Private-Business Dynamism into Professional Service” published in 2011.
- Lock, Mary Beth, Fansler, Craig, & Webb, Meghan. (2016). (R)Evolutionary Emergency Planning: Adding Resilience through Continuous Review. International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management, 5(2). #
- Lock, Mary Beth, Fansler, Craig, & Webb, Meghan. (2016). (R)Evolutionary Emergency Planning: Adding Resilience through Continuous Review. International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management, 5(2), 47-65. #
- Lock, Mary, & Fansler, Craig. (2015). Emergency Planning (R)Evolution: Making a Comprehensive Emergency Plan for the Present and the Future. Disaster Management and Contingency Planning in Modern Libraries. IGI-Global: Hershey, PA.
- Womack, Hubert, Smith, Susan, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2015). Large-Scale, Live-Action Gaming Events in Academic Libraries: How and Why. C&RL News, 76(4), 210-214. #
- Scanlon, Mary, Lock, Mary Beth, & Romanov, Peter. (2014). Teaching by Doing; Sustainability Education and Practice in a Student-Services Program. Focus on Educating for Sustainability: Toolkit for Academic Libraries. Library Juice Press: Sacramento, CA.
- Lock, Mary Beth. (2018). Book Review: Practical Tips for Developing your Staff. Technical Services Quarterly, 35(2), 1. #
- Lock, Mary Beth. (2016). Book Review: Better Library Design: Ideas from Library Journal. Taylor and Francis, 33(4). #
- Lock, Mary Beth. (2022, May). Looking Back to Move Forward. Triad Academic Library Association, UNCSA, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Webb, Meghan, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2017, March). Comprehensive Bootcamp: (Far from) Basic Training that Prepares Students for Employment Success. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- Lock, Mary Beth. (2016, June). Planting the Seeds: Libraries and Librarians as Change Agents for Sustainability in Their Communities. American Library Association Annual Conference, Orlando, FL. #
- Smith, Susan, Lock, Mary Beth, & Webb, Meghan. (2016, May). A Library for the Whole Student: Creating a Culture of Health & Wellness at your Library. ACRL e-Learning Webcasts, Webinar. #
- Lock, Mary Beth. (2016, January). A Place to Nap: The ZieSta Room in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library. ALA Mid-Winter, Boston, MA. #
Committees & Offices Held
- Entrepreneurail Librarian Conference Steering Committee, Chair. (February 2012 - May 2013).
Here @ ZSR
- Wear Your Mask
- New Study Space Opens – Just in Time for Finals!
- We are in the HOME STRETCH!
- ZSR Reopens at 4pm on Sunday
- Restricted Access to ZSR