ZSR Library assessment is a continuing process, using a variety of methods to evaluate and measure how effective the Library is in supporting its mission. Ongoing assessment provides library faculty and staff with the necessary data needed to improve services, identify changing patterns in users’ needs and promote library resources and services.
Library assessment activities are led by members of the Assessment Committee. Members of the FY19 committee are
- Lauren Corbett
- Thomas Dowling
- Mary Beth Lock
- Susan Smith (chair)
- Rosalind Tedford
- Tanya Zanish-Belcher
The committee establishes goals for each fiscal year. At year’s end, it submits an annual report of accomplishments to the Library administration.
Activities & Accomplishments
Assessment Goals FY19
- Prepare to deploy national LibQual+ Lite survey in the Fall of 2019
- Assess patron and collection use of the ZSR Media Room
- Analyze the use of ZSR microfilm collection to inform feasibility of moving the collection off site during future building renovation
- Conduct a literature review of other libraries’ approach to book storage during major renovation projects
- Assess public printer usage
- Assess patron locker usage
- Evaluate the use of public computers in the Scholars Commons
- Plan user assessment methods for new Library Services Platform migration
- Assess ZSR faculty’s current research data management
Surveys & Results
Ithaka S+R Local Faculty Survey, 2016
National Survey Results
Biannually, the Library selects a national standardized assessment tool that allows the Library to benchmark services against peer groups.
- 2014 LibQUAL+ Survey
- 2012 LibQUAL+ Survey
- 2009 Counting Opinions
- 2006 LibQUAL+ Survey
- 2004 LibQUAL+ Survey
- 2002 LibQUAL+ Survey
In 2016 the Library participated in an international survey – Innovations in Scholarship.
Local Assessment Examples
- ZSR Assessment Survey 2014
- LIB100 Learning Outcomes – Pre-Test Post-Test Data
- 2015 Dean’s List Gala Survey
- Measuring Effectiveness in an Academic Library 2017
- Wake Forest Faculty Survey (Ithaka S + R) 2016
- Building a Culture of Assessment @ ZSR
- LIBQUAL+ 2014 Results Summary_for ZSR Staff
Data visualizations can help to effectively communicate data and outcomes.