Famous First Words @ Writers’ Camp
Famous First Words @ Writers’ Camp 2020 has been published.
Writers’ Camp 2020 was held on Friday, January 31st 2020. Twenty-six students attended and submitted works to be published in April 2020 in the next volume of our Writers’ Camp series!
About the Camp
Funded by the Z. Smith Reynolds Library, the WFU Writing Center, and the Office of Personal and Career Development
The inspiration for Writers Camp @ ZSR came after a group of ZSR librarians heard Jane McGonigal present “Find the Future: The Game” during the American Library Association’s 2014 Annual Conference. The ZSR Library wanted to provide an opportunity to engage students interested in writing outside of the classroom and to offer these students the opportunity to become published authors.
After reviewing participant applications, a group of 30-50 selected student authors met at ZSR on the afternoon and evening of Friday, January 31st from 4 pm until midnight, to write a collection of stories (or essays or poems) that was copy-edited by WFU Writing Center graduate students, published in a book and cataloged. The evening will ended at midnight with desserts and a toast to the authors. Each participant is listed as an author and will receive a print copy of the book.
If you want to know more about our previous Writers’ Camp, you can read a recap of the event on our blog!
Writers Camp @ ZSR Committee 2019-20
- Hu Womack – Instruction and Outreach Librarian
- Ryan Shirey – Director, WFU Writing Center
- Bill Kane – Director of Digital Publishing at Wake Forest University
- Tanya Zanish-Belcher – Director of Special Collections & University Archivist
- Allison McWilliams – Assistant Vice President – Mentoring and Alumni Personal & Career Development
- Amy Willard – Associate Director Office of Personal & Career Development
- Meghan Webb – Instruction and Outreach Librarian
- Craig Fansler – Preservation Librarian
- Carolyn McCallum – Cataloging Librarian
- Grace Waldrip – Administrative Assistant, WFU Writing Center
- Amanda Keith – Manager, Wake Forest University Press