On Friday, February 9th 2018, at 7:30 pm, a group of talented Wake Forest University students will enter the Z. Smith Reynolds Library to challenge their creative abilities and participate in a writing event unlike any other!
About the Camp
Funded by the Z. Smith Reynolds Library, the WFU Writing Center, and THRIVE
The inspiration for Writers Camp @ ZSR came after a group of ZSR librarians heard Jane McGonigal present “Find the Future: The Game” during the American Library Association’s 2014 Annual Conference. The ZSR Library wanted to provide an opportunity to engage students interested in writing outside of the classroom and to offer these students the opportunity to become published authors.
After reviewing participant applications, a group of 30-50 student authors will be selected to meet at ZSR on the evening of Friday, February 9th from 7:30 pm to Saturday, February 10th at 7:00 am and write a collection of stories (or essays or poems) that will be published in a book and cataloged. Each participant will be listed as an author and will receive a copy of the book.
During the Summer of 2017, The Writers Camp @ ZSR committee was formed and the Writing Center was brought in to help plan, market, and lead the event scheduled for Friday, February 9th 2018.
Writers Camp @ ZSR Committee
- Hu Womack – Instruction and Outreach Librarian
- Ryan Shirey – Director, WFU Writing Center
- Bill Kane – Director of Digital Publishing at Wake Forest University
- Tanya Zanish-Belcher – Director of Special Collections & University Archivist
- Jessica Long – Assistant Director of Career Education and Coaching
- Meghan Webb – Instruction and Outreach Librarian
- Craig Fansler – Preservation Librarian
- Carolyn McCallum – Cataloging Librarian
- Maggi McCann – Student Representative
- Laura Denlinger – Administrative Assistant, WFU Writing Center
- Amanda Keith – Manager, Wake Forest University Press